The bed bugs are oval and brownish color insects mostly living in the blood of humans and animals. These are so tiny you can barely see them with your eyes. They have the size of an apple seed but after they digest blood, they swell and their bodies become bigger. The bed bugs don’t fly, they just crawl over floors and ceilings and hide in crevices and cracks. Further, bed bugs hide in the undetected luggage and on couches and used clothes. With their flattened bodies, it becomes easier for them to adjust anywhere.
The bed bugs are mostly active at night and bite people especially when they are sleeping. Also, they pierce through the skin and suck the blood out of people. The bugs mostly feed for about 3 to 10 minutes and then move away.
How to identify bed bug infestation?
If you find itchy areas in your body while you were sleeping, know it is the work of the bed bugs. If there is any used bed around your home, there you can find these bugs. Furthermore, it shows some other signs as follows:
- There will be blood stains on the pillows and sheets
- You can find leftover egg shells or shed skin where the bugs hide.
- The bugs leave a musty and annoying smell behind them, etc.
Bed Bug Control is easy but you should know the right pest solutions of doing it. If you see any such infestation, simply give an inspection and call the professionals. They can help you in the best ways possible. Try removing the dust from the bottom boxes and beds too. Check the bedding area, telephones, inside books, etc. You must check your closet since the bed bugs are also so much attracted to clothing.
How to get rid of the bed bugs?
For getting rid of the bed bugs, start at the center point where you first found them.
- Clean the bedding and the linens in warm water. All those stuffed animals that can’t be washed must be placed in steam for about 30 minutes.
- Use a stiff brush to dust off the mattresses to remove the bugs and their eggs.
- Prefer vacuuming the bed every once in a while. It protects your beds and the bugs don’t get much of a chance to enter. Place the vacuum cleaners in a bag and place the garbage outdoors.
- Keep the mattresses encased and zipped to protect them from the bugs. The bugs can live up to 1 year, so you should prevent the chances of them entering.
- If there are any cracks in the walls, repair them as soon as possible. If you see any mess in your bedrooms, clean it immediately.
Cleaning up the infested areas helps in controlling the bugs at the earliest. Treating the beds with insecticides can be harmful. Don’t treat the mattresses unless you have read the labels.
The safest and best way to treat bed bugs is to hire local pest control companies. They know their job well and you will get rid of them within minutes.